Tuesday 28 October 2008

Design

I thought I'd post up a couple of design jobs I've done recently.

This job was for a department of BT, apart from the services most people would normally associate with BT they also run courses to consult businesses on practices to help them reach the specific iso standard for information security.



The Job below shows a basic kids activity book lay-out I produced using InDesign / Photoshop. Most of the assets were supplied to me on a DVD, from the style guide (artwork created externally) I created pages for the book internals and front / back cover.


This is a quick excercise I produced, mostly just to experiment using various graphical elements. Because a-lot of my work involves illustration I like to break away every now and then and try some graphic work. I actually like the idea of incorporating graphic elements into my artwork too. I intend to push my illustration style in this direction in the future.


This layout is using artwork I created. The elements individually are quite complicated on their own, so to display it quickly for a client I made this. Because of the subject and that the product is aimed at children I wanted a rough and ready approach so scanned in bits of masking tape to use in the design and downloaded some interesting brushes in Photoshop to add texture.